Have you considered getting fresh, home-cooked meals for your Frenchie?
If you’re anything like us, it’s something you’ve thought about regularly…
Finding the right dry food or kibble for such a picky eater is near-on impossible!
There has been a lot of innovation with pet food in recent years. From freshly cooked meals, meat-free kibble, even raw diets. So many brands are claiming that their food is the best option for your dog.
So, how do you know who to believe? How do you know what the best food is for your Frenchie?
Both of these brands deliver fresh meals right to your doorstep, but each offers its own unique benefits. Let’s get started.
Spot & Tango vs Pet Plate – Quick Overview
|Spot & Tango||Pet Plate|
|Meat protein percentage||50%||40 - 50%|
|Includes organ meat?||No||Liver, as a vitamin and mineral source|
|Other ingredients||Fruits, vegetables, egg, quinoa, millet, brown rice||Fruits, vegetables, quinoa, brown rice, salmon oil|
|Potato fillers used?||No||Yes|
|Available recipes||Beef, turkey, lamb||Beef, chicken, turkey, lamb|
|Cooking process||Individually cooked ingredients||Kettle-cooked|
|First-order discount||50% (With code: ASKFRANKIE)||50% (Special Offer)|
|Packaging||Pre-portioned bags||Pre-portioned containers|
|AAFCO standards met?||Yes||Yes|
|Made in a USDA-facility?||Yes||Yes|
|Vet approved and nutritionist-developed?||Yes||Yes|
|Cost||Starts at~$2/day||Starts at~$2/day|
|Can be mixed with current food?||Yes, with topper plan||Yes, with topper plan|
|Company ownership||Family-owned||Employees + Investors|
What do Spot & Tango and Pet Plate have in common?
- Human-grade ingredients. Both brands prioritize meal options centered around meat your dog will love. To complete their recipes’ nutrient profiles, both Spot & Tango and Pet Plate supplement their meals with nutrition-rich fruits and vegetables. Plus, their meals are made in USDA-certified kitchens and meet the rigorous standards outlined by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
- Vet-nutritionist formulations. Each company works with reputable, highly-experienced veterinarians and vet-nutritionists to create healthy, tasty recipes that your pup will love.
- Customized to your dog. Both Spot & Tango and Pet Plate portion each meal based on your dog breed. To get started with either brand, you’ll take a quiz that designs your dog’s meal plan to serve him or her the ideal diet for his or her weight, breed, age, and other important factors.
- Shipped to your doorstep in environmentally friendly packaging. Both Spot & Tango and Pet Plate offer fast and free shipping. The insulated boxes are biodegradable and recyclable.
- Money-back guarantee: Both Pet Plate and Spot & Tango have a risk-free trial, so you can rest assured knowing your money won’t be wasted if your pup isn’t completely satisfied.
How are Spot & Tango and Pet Plate different?
Spot & Tango Differentiators
- They don’t include any “organ meats” or potato fillers: Spot & Tango uses only the highest quality ingredients in their recipes – they don’t cut corners by throwing in cheap organ meats like gizzard, hearts or liver. Their recipes also don’t include any potatoes or legumes, which are used as a cheap filler in other brands.
- They cook each ingredient separately: Meats, fruits, and veggies are each individually cooked to perfection before they are mixed together. This approach improves nutritional integrity, appearance, and aroma.
- Their meals come vacuum-sealed and pre-portioned: Spot & Tango meals come in pre-portioned bags. Simply remove a pack, and it’s time to eat! Packs are vacuum-sealed to maintain freshness.
Pet Plate Differentiators
- They offer a chicken recipe: Pet Plate offers four recipes: Beef, chicken, turkey, and lamb. If your dog loves chicken, Pet Plate may be the right choice for you, because Spot & Tango doesn’t have the same variety. However, some Frenchies are allergic to chicken… so if that’s the case for your pup, this recipe won’t matter!
- They kettle cook their meals: The ingredients used in Pet Plate meals are slow-cooked in a kettle to lock in the nutrients needed for a complete and balanced diet. All meals reach the desired temperature for safety without overcooking the food.
- The meals come in pre-portioned, microwavable, resealable, recyclable containers: Similar to a yogurt container, Pet Plate meals come in resealable containers that can be stacked in your fridge or freezer. Some find this packaging more convenient for easy portioning (1-4 meals per container), microwaving, resealing, and storing.
Spot & Tango vs Pet Plate: Getting Started
Once you’ve decided which of these brands you’ll go with, head to their website and take the quiz.
You’ll enter your dog’s weight, breed, age, and other characteristics. Then, they’ll build you a custom meal plan perfect for your pup.
In a matter of days, fresh dog food will appear at your doorstep, and your dog will love the high-quality, nutritious, tasty food you’ve introduced to his or her life!