If you’re anything like me, you take the job of “pet parent” very seriously.
My Frenchie is like my kid, so I always want to be feeding her the healthiest possible options.
As well, Frenchies are known for having finicky stomachs, so feeding them can be a challenge.
For many months when we first got Frankie, I was searching for French Bulldog kibble to feed her. For the most part, I simply got lost in the marketing mumbo-jumbo.
So many brands claim to be healthy, or “made with” real food. But, as I learned more, I found out that these were all label tricks that stretched the truth. Nothing I found really fit the bill for Frankie.
But is there a kibble that is suitable for other Frenchies? Has the dog food industry finally created something worthy?
French Bulldog Kibble – Finally an Alternative
I recently discovered a new innovation from the pet food delivery service Spot & Tango. It’s called UnKibble.
Now, while it’s not technically kibble, it’s just as convenient and SO much healthier.
Here are a few ways that UnKibble is different from the run-of-the-mill French Bulldog kibble you can find in stores.
- UnKibble uses only human-grade ingredients. That means: real meat and whole foods. Kibble is made with animal byproducts, meat meal, added flavors, and colorings. With UnKibble, you avoid all these nasty ingredients.
- UnKibble uses fewer ingredients. Kibble brands have a laundry list of ingredients. The list is typically 30-50 different things. Many of them are artificial, which can upset your Frenchie’s stomach. When you feed your Frenchie UnKibble, you give them meals consisting of 14 whole-food, high-quality ingredients.
- UnKibble provides a personalized scoop. This is cool. On kibble bags, you have to use a feeding table to estimate the right portion to feed your pup. When you order UnKibble, you provide your dog’s breed, age, weight, etc. Then, Spot & Tango uses that to prescribe the right amount for your pup. You get a perfectly-sized scoop with your delivery so you can be sure you’re giving your dog what they need.
- UnKibble isn’t hot-extruded. Almost every single kibble option is made in a process called hot-extrusion. This process heats the food to 500 degrees and kills vital nutrients. UnKibble uses an unmatched low-temperature gentle-drying method, to keep nutrients intact.
- UnKibble has never been recalled. UnKibble has never been recalled. There have been countless global recalls of kibble products. This is because there’s very little oversight into the ingredients of kibble. Most kibble brands are made in a handful of U.S. facilities, so they use the same ingredients with different packaging. One “bad batch” can affect multiple brands.
- UnKibble offers a first-order discount. First-time UnKibble shoppers get a 20% discount on their purchases, a perk that most kibble brands don’t offer. BONUS: Get 50% off your first order with code: ASKFRANKIE
- Money-back guarantee. Unkibble offers a money-back guarantee and a full refund. Switching to high-quality dog food has never been easier!
Is French Bulldog Kibble (or UnKibble) Right For You?
Every Frenchie is different, of course. For us, Frankie has a number of different intolerances and food allergies which means that a home-cooked diet is most appropriate.
However, if you’re looking for a more convenient option and don’t want all the nasties associated with regular French Bulldog kibble, then Spot & Tango’s revolutionary UnKibble product could be perfect.
Will is the proud co-owner of Frankie, a Female Brindle French Bulldog, with his wife Michelle. We share our Frenchie experiences with the world to help health-conscious French Bulldog owners who want a happy, healthy, and long-living dog.